Wednesday, March 10, 2010

not enough

the endless cycle of settling

misery and discontent, clawing, tearing, ruling my every waking hour, standing above me and laughing as I try and try again to scratch my way out of this existence

every person I grow near to, every soul I draw close to mine, eventually reveals the same wretched secret

I am addiction. I am drug. I am a bright, shining star full of hot, poisonous gas, a beautiful concept with a truth so ugly and bitter it turns the warmest smile against me.

in truth, I could move on

I could reach again, try once more, put myself on the line and hope for the best

but undoubtedly, no sooner than they reach my core, they would spurn me

I am beautiful
I am ugly

I am warm
I am cold

I am entrancing
and I am unlovable

No comments:

Post a Comment